Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ahhhhh

So I haven't updated in a while, not really sure why. Just haven't. A lot has happened since I posted last. I got laid off June 19, and have been looking for work ever since. I just can NOT find one. Nobody is hiring. And I filed for unemployment the following Monday (June 22) and have yet to receive a check. I went to the career center and asked about it. Apparently since I wasn't with my last company for a whole year they had to use my last job to draw from. Well the problem with that is the school system is slower than cream rising on butter and is holding up me getting money. My last pay check was June 25, and somehow I miscalculated and ended up overdrawing 310 bucks. And the bank is calling and calling and I just don't have the money. Even if I had put my birthday money in the bank I still would have been overdrawn. That's another thing that happened since my last post - I turned 24! woohoo...lost my insurance, GREAT! Now I have no money and no insurance and no way to get the meds I need so I don't end up in the hospital again. WOOHOOOO....Life rocks....The whole point of leaving the after school job was in order to get insurance once I turned 24. And they up and lay me off. And now there are no jobs whats so ever in Chattanooga.

Another lovely thing (sarcasm you see) that happened is Steven left for Oklahoma a few weeks ago. I miss him so very much. And if I don't get a job I'm going to go spend a week with him. A part of me does NOT want to get a job, but I sure do need it. Before Steven left for Oklahoma we went to visit my Grandparents in Virginia. We took a trip to DC while there because Steven had never been there and it had been many years since I was there. We had a great time, but it was a horribly short trip. I did get to see my bestest friend while up there. She and her hubs moved up to Fort Belvoir a few months ago, which is like 5 minutes from my grandparents house. So we all went to dinner with them, my grandparents and they also invited my Aunt, Uncle and 2 Cousins. So they got to meet my boyfriend! After we went to see them we went to his hometown and spent some time together. We spent the 4th of July with his family and shot off fireworks. It was a great time. But it was all too short. He'll be in Oklahoma until Oct. 27 and I guess he won't be getting home until the 28th or 29th. Then Dec. is when we go to Hawaii! I can NOT wait! I'm super excited!

No comments: