Tuesday, July 13, 2010

25 years old and a sprained ankle in Maui

So Saturday was my birthday, the big 2-5! It was great, the LT got me a pearl necklace, on top of the Maui trip, it was an impromptu gift, seeing as we were walking around this little town and they had this shop where you picked an oyster from a bowl of water and blessed it and then they opened it for you, and there was a HUGE pearl in it, and then I got to pick a charm to go with it!


And then the next day, which was my actual birthday, we went driving the Road to Hana, it took us 9 hours to do the whole road, and it was like one lane roads that were two way, and not enough room for 2 cars to drive, several unpaved roads, and a million curves, but the waterfalls were amazing, and some of the stuff we saw was great too...but this next picture explains it all....

So this is what happens when I lose my footing on gravel. We were going to go down to a Black Sand Beach, and well, BAM, I fell on my ass, and I cut my foot up and sprained it and even cut my right forearm pretty bad too....

And my husband is the best, and went and took a pic of the flavors they had and showed me, and even got me a bag of ice, I got Watermelon, Cherry and Strawberry....
It was the best ever, and I even got another one on Sunday at the aquarium! How exciting, I love me some shaved ice. It was so good!

I rode around the aquarium and air port in style, in a wheel chair, I felt special, but going through security with a wheel chair and crutches is NO BUENO, and SLOW...and word of advice, if you have a GPS and you have the case that can go on the car dash, put it in your checked bag because they'll test it because the sand or whatever looks like a bomb...

I've got a sprained ankle, if you couldn't tell from the picture, but I also have a bone fragment in a ligament or something, so I have to see an orthopedic, and I also have to get a new license, since my license expired Saturday, on my 25th birthday....which just happened to be the same day I sprained my ankle, ugh....and the LT is working, and we have to find time to get my license, and he has to take my to the dentist if we can't do it before Thursday, and so I'm pretty stressed, but I had a great vacay and birthday, and I think I will NEVER forget it!
Photobucket