Saturday, June 5, 2010

18 Months

If you would have told me 18 months ago that I would be married and living in Hawaii, I probably would have laughed at you and told you that you were out of your mind. Little did I know, HA!

So I think Tuesday (June 1) I got my 18 month update!! I was anixiously awaiting it, checking the mail box every day with baited breath, and was EXCITED to see it! And it was HUGE - a 7 page letter and 29 pictures!!!

I'm not going to post the pictures, because well, this is a public blog, but I will just tell you that he is growing like a weed and gaining weight like a champ!

Some high lights from the letter:
- he is 25lbs 13oz which is a BIG difference from before he had surgery to fix his tummy issues.
- he's only 18 months old but he has a bigger testimony than most; was diagnoised with acid reflux which was just a side effect of what was really wrong, moved and found a new doctor who found the real problem, did surgery and then a month or so later that doctor was in a car wreck and passed, I mean, WOW...)
- he's just like his momma was when she was little - ear infections a lot, but unlike me, he had to have tubes, and has only had 1 infection since!!
- he has asthma and takes oral steriods and breathing treatments, but is doing well!
- he LOVES to dance, and apparently has his own little dance and great rythme (he doesn't get that from me, but I do love music!)
- he is a little traveler! (been to TN, GA, LA, FL, and a few others)
- he has 12 teeth (as of the letter)
- he and his older brother got matching PJ's for Christmas, and saw Santa, and they both LOVED him!
- he had a blast eating birthday cake! (there is a picture of his face covered in cake! adorable)
- he loves to show off his belly, and there were quite a few belly pics, let me just say, he's got the cutest tummy!
- he's doing really well in every area (including conegtive) except walking and talking - but he learned to stand on his own!
- he knows some sign language, but loves to point and say "uh uh" more!
- he makes the funniest faces too!!

That is just a few things. There really was SO much info in the letter, and I just soaked it up like a sponge, and I've read it like 4 or 5 times, and looked at the pictures over and over and over!!

I still don't really see me in him, all I see is the sperm donor, but reading about him makes me know he's MY son! And I'm sure if I would compare his pictures to my baby pictures I'm sure I'd see me. But I don't know where those are, ha!

Hope all is well with ya'll, sorry for the lack of posts. I just hadn't felt up to posting. But I will try to do better.
Photobucket