Friday, January 20, 2012

5 question Friday–Jan 20

I figured I’d partake in it this week since one of my questions made the cut :)


Rules for 5QF:

Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, January 20th: (Special thanks to@Lovely_Lici,

@trooppetrie, @lifeafterplacin, @my4redheads, and vacationed out me for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and usehashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Where do you hide the reeeally good snacks?

I don’t have to, no kids, yet, and some of the snacks I like, hubby doesn’t. Plus, hubby is deployed, so he can’t get to them anyways. Now, when he gets home, that’s another story. He might eat me out of house and home and all my goooood snacks because he’s been deprived (which isn’t true at all bc I did send him tons of goodies)

2. Do u keep your vehicle clean or am I the only one who has things falling out of their van?

I have every intention of keeping my car clean, but I just can’t seem too…things aren’t falling out, but it isn’t clean…

3. Have you ever been to Vegas?

Not yet, going in May, just booked our hotel. I bought the groupon – 2 night stay for 2 adults and 2 kids, 1 bottle of alcohol at the Hard Rock Hotel – we’re going to stay 4 nights…I bought 2 groupons. So our Hotel is paid for, for the most part, I think we just have to pay some fees, but other than that, free :) And 2 bottles of booze, why yes please!!!!!

We are going to Peepshow for sure…and probably a couple Cirque show, and I’m going see if I can sweet talk my hubby into seeing Phantom, We are also going to see Cirque De Soleil: KA…I’m waiting for the hubby to wake up and get back to me about what other shows he wants to see.

4. Warm room light blankets or cold room warm snuggly blanket?

Cold room, snuggled in blankets, And I have to sleep with the AC on, we have a window unit, and I have to have the white noise, thanks to my hubby…but I’ve always needed to be in a cold room to sleep. I do love to snuggle in my blankets..but sometimes you’ll find me with one leg out of the covers and one leg under…I get hot…and I am a restless sleeper, so the covers can be found in a ball when I wake up, or even on the floor, or even half on the floor, LOL

5. What is the worst airplane/flying experience you've ever had?

Hmm, I’ve not had a horrible experience ever to be quite honest. I’ve had some long layovers, and what felt like I’d never make it some where. So I guess I can talk about that…and then the last time I flew it was quite eventful, so I’ll tell that story as well.

The first one is when I flew out to Oklahoma to spend a week or so with the hubby, who was then just the boyfriend. We bought the tickets for me to fly into a small airport in Wichita Falls, TX – and I got stuck in Dallas/Fort Worth. I thought I was going to miss the connecting flight since we got into DFW kind of late. I was relieved to know it was delayed, crazy right, not everyone felt that way though. And I quickly changed my tone when we had been stuck for hours…the reason I was flying in closer to Lawton, OK was because the hubby was only allowed to drive so far, and DFW was out of his “box” and we thought Wichita Falls, TX would be better…They only have 1 plane that goes to and from DFW and Wichita Falls. So they finally got the plane fixed, and we finally got there. No, fast forward to the time for me to leave, we didn’t think we needed to be there really really early, but we were wrong because we showed up with what we thought was plenty of time, but they had already boarded the plane and it was ready for take off…OOPS…so we had to wait for the money to buy a ticket, and this time we flew me from Oklahoma City, OK…

So now onto the next story – the one from the mainland here when I was in town last month…on my way to the airport to fly back, I got a text, I had them set up to tell me if my flight was cancelled or delayed. It said the flight had been delayed, I was like, oh okay, cool. Then not even 5 minutes later I get another text siting it was cancelled due to plane maintenance. Well CRAP -  I wanted to get back to Hawaii for New Years, and I had a connector in Phoenix, and I was worried about missing it. So I went to the ticket counter, and had to wait in line, because obviously a lot of people needed a new flight. So an agent was going down the line, giving a number, so I called. The lady told me the next flight was that evening, it was a little after 9 at this point, not happening…so I told the lady I didn’t care how I got there, or what stops I made, I just wanted to get to Hawaii, and on the next available flight that wasn’t going to involve waiting in an airport for 9 hours…so she found one through Delta, I was flying US Airways. So she said the only thing is it leaves in a little over an hour, and I had to run to the other terminal, because well, you know, things can’t be easy…I’m on the phone with her, trying to push all my bags on a cart to the other terminal, just to get a confirmation number that didn’t work because she didn’t hold a ticket. I get in line after trying the code myself on a computer, and an agent helping, and then getting asked why I was in line by another agent, well, I’m in line because I have a confirmation code that doesn’t work, I’m suppose to be in this line. I finally get to the counter and the guy is like, well, I don’t know if I can get you on this fight. OH HELL NO HOME BOY…I was told I had a seat, give me a seat…turns out he was able to, they paid for my bags and since it was a non-stop flight I got 2 meals, 1 snack, and a ton of free drinks, soda and water of course…so moral of the story, fly Delta non-stop from Atlanta to Hawaii or from Hawaii to Atlanta, you get 2 free meals and a snack, and free entertainment!!!