Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Army....

We went to work on Steven's Out Processing today. The Army gave him a list of things he has to do before he can PCS to Hawaii. Well, we first went to Transportation, we were going to get cleared and set up a pick up date for all our belongings. Well he left his orders in the Hotel room so we couldn't set up a date, and he wasn't in the system so he couldn't be cleared. The lady told us to go to Family Travel to see what all needs to be done for me to go with him. They said that the most important thing was to get married...duh - that way the Army will pay for me. But we've got to get married, get me in DEERS & get an ID card, and I have to get medically cleared. The latter part takes at least a month, maybe longer. I can't go to Hawaii until I'm cleared, and he doesn't have enough leave to wait for me to be cleared, so it looks like he'll be in Hawaii for at least 2 months before I can go. BOOOO! And we're not even sure if he'll be cleared to go in time. He only has 12 days of leave, which means he has to be in Hawaii by Nov. 8th. And if he can't get things taken care of then it'll be a while...it's so crazy...just another way the Army likes to screw you....

On a happier and lighter note - we got the invitations in the mail the other day, and we got paid today so we went and bought supplies for putting them together! I already glued 100 invite mats to the pocket folds, my fingers are watermelon pink from them! I'm going to print out the invitations and directions tomorrow while Steven is in class, he informed me that he will need the computer tomorrow after class. And we have to go to the freakin' commissary on pay day...neither one of us wanted to do it today, so we'll brave the storm tomorrow. I told him once we're in Hawaii we will be trying to do our grocery shopping a week after pay day as to avoid running out of food, money and having to deal with the crowds.

I'll post pictures when I'm finished! I can't wait to get them in the mail. I know, I know, they should have been mailed WEEKS ago, but with no job & money it makes it hard to get things. And when you didn't have more than 6 weeks to plan it makes it damn near impossible to do. Anyways, I'm gonna go do some stuff online...Steven got two new video games today and he's playing. I'm hoping he won't play for much longer, I'm tired and still not feeling real well.

No comments: