Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3 - Your Favorite Television Program

My bestie wrote about a TV show that we both do not agree with. And I'm going to take this time to say why I think this show is wrong, and then I'll talk about my favorite ones. However, a little disclaimer, a few of my favorite shows are kind of doing the same things as this one show I can't stand. But I got hooked on the other shows, and I think because the other shows are real life situations make a big difference. It doesn't make the issues they cover look glamorous. I'm in no way saying that the material is good or I agree with it. So, unless you've not figured it out yet, I'll go ahead and start with the show I do not agree with.

Secret Life of the American Teenager - first of all, teen pregnancy is a problem in the US, and people need to realize that, but making it look like a good thing is just not cool, sure families should not turn their backs on the young girls, but making it look glamorous is just silly...and then, my bestie wrote about how they seem to be leaning toward having a character have an abortion, which I mean, every girl probably thinks about it when they find themselves pregnant unexpectedly, but 16 year olds shouldn't be thinking about such a life changing thing. I don't think abortion should be banned or illegal, I think it should be a choice. I also feel that if it were to become illegal we'd have the black market abortions, and we'd be more prone to 2 deaths instead of one, and I just don't know...but I just don't know, I can't watch that show, it just pisses me off to much and besides, it's horrible acting and horrible story. I mean, the one who got pregnant in the beginnings mom ended up pregnant with another man's baby...I know that happens every day, but do we really need to put it out there on a TV show and make it look cool? I think not....

So, onto the shows I love...some of them are train wrecks that I can't look away from...and I'll start with those, because, come on, who doesn't love a train wreck ;)

Jersey Shore, 16 & Pregnant, Teen Mom, anything Kardashian...

Now onto shows I'm embarrassed to confess I watch (which really, the train wrecks should be a part of this, but oh well...)

Toddlers and Tiarra's, E! News, The Soup, Daily 10, Southpark, Boondocks

Some that I just love...

Army Wives, Chelsea Lately, Tosh.0, Holly's World, White Collar, Burn Notice, Modern Family, The Middle, Cougar Town, NCIS, Family Guy, Two and a Half Men

Some oldies but goodies...

Gimore Girls, Friends, Full House, The Nanny, Clarissa Explains it All, anything Nick at Night or TGIF (back in the day)


Photobucket