Friday, March 5, 2010

Show Us Your Life


I'm an unemployed newlywed housewife who doesn't do anything but play on Facebook and watch General Hospital and Ellen so I figured nobody would want to know about my day, but I'll share anyways.

Actually, my day is a little more eventful than that....but this week, since his best friend is in town, it's been a lot of sight seeing, mall going and beach going, I'd like to fit the beach into my days more often now! I'm loving it!!

5:15am - Hubby gets up for PT

7:45am - Hubby gets home from PT, showers, eats breakfast

8:30am - Hubby leaves for work
9am to 11am I will wake up, except Tuesdays when I get up at 7:30am so I can be done showering when Hubby comes home from PT, I'll dry my hair while he showers

9am to 11am I have breakfast and get on Facebook to check on all the games I play there (it's quite sad, I think I'm addicted...) I also check my email, go to the forums and generaly fool around on the 'net...And since we're 5 hours behind most people on the mainland I have plenty to catch up on!
12-12:30pm - Hubby comes home for an hour for lunch

1-1:30pm - Hubby goes back to work

2pm to 6pm - I watch General Hospital and The Ellen Show, sometimes I feel to lazy to change the channel and will watch Judge Judy and then the news. All while playing on Facebook!

3:30 and 6pm - Hubby comes home from work (Thursday's he is suppose to come home at 3 or 3:30 for "Tropic Lighting Thursdays" - close of business is 3:30pm Post-wide)

After Hubby gets home from work we figure out what we're going to do for dinner. Either I have already started dinner when he gets home, or I start it if I'm cooking. He cooks a lot in our house. We don't have much we cook though, it's pretty standard, Hamburger Helper, Baked Spaghetti, Chicken Divan, Frozen Lasagna or Manicotti, Tacos, Sheppards Pie(thats a new one), sometimes we'll do BBQ Chicken, or I'll do Kickin' Chickin' seasoned Chicken, or Italian Seasoned Chicken, it just varies...but this is getting to be more about what we eat, than a typical day in my life, so that can be another post! ha!

Starting next Wednesday night we are doing the Dave Ramesy series, the Army Community Services(ACS) on Post is offering it for FREE to all Military families! I'm so excited about this because I think it will do wonders for us! I have heard nothing but GREAT things!

Every Tuesday morning, or well, most Tuesday mornings, I get up early to go to Bible Study. It's a ladies Bible Study, they have several classes to take and I decided to take the scrapbooking one, and found out this week that next "semester" the lady leading will be doing another scrapbooking one! I will totally be signing up for that!
Another thing we have at least once a month is a FRG meeting, a Hail & Farewell, and I have a doctor's appointment once a month as well. Other than that it's pretty up in the air what we do during the day.

I do dishes and laundry when needed, but it isn't every day, dishes are more every day than laundry, and speaking of laundry I have a basket full of clothes that need to be folded, I'm just lazy! Ha!

Another thing I want to start doing is going to the gym, there are some classes I want to take, to try and lose some of this baby weight that I just can't get rid of, but I have to wait til we get paid so I can buy a sports bra, exercise without one is pretty hard to do when your boobs are as big as mine! (God has blessed me, as the flatter chested ladies say! ha)

Go here to see the schedule for Show Us Your Life Fridays.
Go here to link up your post, or just see what other people's days are like!

Hope you enjoyed seeing what it is like to be an unemployed newlywed in Hawaii! I look forward to visiting your lives! And I'm sure people have so much more going on than I do! I look forward to the day when I can either be busy with a job or busy with a child!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes . . .having kids definitely makes your days busier!! Then you will find yourself wishing for free time!

Hawaii, huh? No fair!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous. :-) Just kidding. Everybody goes through different seasons in life, and I sure hope I'll get to go through one like yours someday! Hope you are enjoying life in Hawaii. There is lots to do on Oahu. If you haven't already, the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, and snorkeling in Hanauma Bay are some great places to go!