Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in Review

I borrowed this from Stefanie, I thought it was a good survey, kind of sums up the whole year of 2010...so here goes!!


1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?:
Went to Maui, somewhere I had never been, and went on a submarine ride
Spent each other's birthday's together, first time EVER, he left for Oklahoma right before my birthday when we were dating, and we started dating after his birthday.
Celebrating 1 year of marriage, in the same place.
Had our first Thanksgiving together(in the same place, last Thanksgiving we were on opposite sides of the country, sorda - he was in Hawaii, I was in Georgia)
I made my first Ham and Cornish Hen for Christmas, and we spent Christmas in the same place, again, which if you're a military family, you know it is quite rare to spend multiple holidays/special occasions together.


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
I didn't make any last year, and didn't this year...


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?:
Nobody really close, but I had a lot of friends give birth....


4. Did anyone close to you die?:
My grandmother passed a year ago this weekend...and my great-Aunt passed also...


5. What countries did you visit?:
None this year, but I went to Maui, that was the extent of my traveling, my husband will go to Afghanistan later this year....


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?:
A cleaner house, more money, closer friends (who live closer), better relationship with family and my husband (not that we have a bad one)


7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?: 
Jan. 9, July 10, Oct. 31, Dec. 10 - those dates will always be special to me


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Spending time apart from my husband twice, it might sound stupid, and those whose husbands deployed last year and spent longer away might hate me, but it was just a few months after I moved to Hawaii, THOUSANDS of miles from friends and family, and I made it through both those months just FINE! And it helped me realize my strength and that I would be able to get through the 12 month deployment....


9. What was your biggest failure?:
Housework, bahahaha


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
I sprained my ankle in July, and I suffer from depression and an anxiety disorder


11. What was the best thing you bought?:
oh geez, we didn't really make many big purchasing, and all the small purchases were pretty much clothes and food related, but for my birthday I got a very pretty pearl necklace from Maui and a Kindle, and at Christmas got a PlayStation Move, Crock Pot, and an open hearts necklace from Kay's...


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
I really don't know, nobody's behavior really stands out...


13. Whose behavior made you appalled?:
I really don't know, nobody's behavior really stands out...


14. Where did most of your money go?:
BILLS....food, gas...


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Spending birthdays, and holidays with my husband, and getting to spend our 1st anniversary together.


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?:
Airplanes by B.o.B.
Dear John, Mine, Back to December by Taylor Swift
Firework by Katy Perry
and there are probably more that I just can't think of now, lol


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?: happier

ii. thinner or fatter?: maybe a tad bit fatter...
iii. richer or poorer?: uhm, richer maybe....



18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:
Going to the beach with my husband, not procrastinating, cleaning the house more, doing dishes more, getting to know more people...


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Procrastinating, sleeping...

20. How will you be spending Christmas?:
We spent Christmas together, I made a ham and a cornish hen and some sides, we exchanged our gifts early, but had a few small things to open on Christmas day...this was the 2nd Christmas in a row we got to spend together, next year we might not be so lucky :(


21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2010?:
Hmm...I think falling and spraining my ankle was really embarrassing, I felt so bad, and I pretty much ruined the rest of our trip to Maui, thank goodness we were leaving the next day....


22. Did you fall in love in 2010?:
well, I originally fell in love in 2009, but I fall in love with my husband more and more every day


23. How many one-night stands?:
NONE...


24. What was your favorite TV program?:
Chelsea Lately, hands down...Modern Family, Cougar Town, Better With You, General Hospital


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?: 
No, I pretty much hated the same people, totally kidding ya'll...I don't hate anyone!


26. What was the best book you read?:
The Bridal Quartet books by Nora Roberts, and the last few books from the Sisterhood Series by Fern Michaels


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?:
Katy Perry, I'd heard her stuff before, but recently just fell in love with her! Especially Firework...

28. What did you want and get?:
A crock pot, some video games, a Kindle


29. What did you want and not get?:
I'm not sure, I honestly can't think of anything...


30. What was your favorite film of this year?:
Eclipse, and I have such a bad memory I can not remember any of the other's I saw, oh Inception was one I saw and liked, and I think Iron Man 2, Sherlock Holmes, Avatar, and maybe a few others...


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
We went to Maui on vacation, and I turned 25! I got a very pretty pearl necklace, and a Kindle!


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
Spending time with my husband, meeting new people, and getting updates on my son


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?:
Comfy....I'm totally all about whatever is comfortable, not so much fashionable, but all about the comfort!


34. What kept you sane?:
I'm not sane, never have been ;) Probably therapy and meds! And the updates I got on my son...


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
Chelsea Handler, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Jo Koy, Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey


36. What political issue stirred you the most?:
The pay raise freeze Obama is putting on all Military, as if sending them overseas to fight for our country and spending countless months/years away from their families you're going to NOT give them raises every year...how about YOU take a pay freeze Obama, and everyone else in politics....


37. Who did you miss?:
Well, my family and friends on the mainland, and my son for sure


38. Who was the best new person you met?:
I met so many wonderful new people this year that to choose just one would be totally unfair to the rest! 


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Never go to bed angry, and don't send your husband away angry; also that I will be okay when my husband deploys...


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Airplanes by B.o.B. 
"Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now 

(wish right now, wish right now)"


Dear John by Taylor Swift
"Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone
Don't you think I was too young to be messed with
The girl in the dress cried the whole way home
I see it all now that you're gone
Don't you think I was too young to be messed with
The girl in the dress wrote you a song
You should've known
You should've known
Don't you think I was too young
You should've known"



Firework by Katy Perry
"Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gunna leave 'em goin "Oh, oh, oh!"
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon"







Photobucket