Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 19 of the challenge

Day 19 — Write a letter to: Someone that pesters your mind—good or bad [sorry it’s kind of long, lol]

Those woman who spew their vile about how all adoptions are negative, and all adoptions are forced, and nobody would ever make that decision on their own.

**NEWS FLASH**
I made that decision, I was not forced, nobody held a gun to my head and told me to give my baby up or die, just like nobody held a gun to your head. I knew that at the time, I could not take care of myself, and I knew that taking care of a baby was a million times harder than taking care of yourself, so I didn’t want to put my child through that. I knew he’d be much better cared for by someone who was in a stable relationship, had a stable job, and who could give him all the things he’d need, not necessarily the things he wanted, but needed, because I knew I couldn’t possibly give him every thing he needed with the job I had, and the debts I had. A child needs way more than love and affection, they need food, clothes, a roof over their head, health insurance, and those are the things I could not afford to give him. I knew that there were people out there who could provide those things, and I knew that the best thing for him was to let him go. So, no,I wasn’t forced into anything, and I decided that it was best for him.

That’s not to say that adoption wasn’t different years and years ago. It has come a long way in recent years, I do believe that these woman who spew this vile about how all adoptions are negative where the woman who were sent away to homes and were forced into the adoption. But just because you had a negative experience doesn’t mean you can throw up all over our positive experiences, and demean us, and make us feel like dirt, just because you didn’t have the same experience.

And I’m talking more specifically about a group on Facebook that was created to help support those who have gone through the adoption process, and it’s there to help them heal, and make them realize they’re not alone in their feelings, and someone spewing nasty things about adoption on there is not helping anyone, and it certainly isn’t helping the ones spewing that crap. And putting your negative comments on something that is suppose to be a positive event, like Birth Mother’s Day, is like talking shit about a Christian holiday when you’re Jewish, or a Jewish holiday when you’re Christian, or any other religious holiday when you don’t follow those beliefs. If you don’t agree with Birth Mother’s Day then fine, make your own event about anti-Birth Mother’s Day, but stay away from the positive events that are created to help those who want to be called Birth Mother’s celebrate the positive thing they did with their life.

Tell me: A song from your favorite album
Dear John by Taylor Swift on Speak Now – it’s my newest favorite album…

I want to know: A talent of yours.
I can sing, and play the piano a little. I love to sing, I don’t do it any more professionally but I do it for fun in the car or around the house. I was in a choir from 5th grade til 12th grade, where I got to visit Europe 3 times and some other neat places, and off an on in college for a few years, and I sang in the church choir as a child.

I want to see Another picture of yourself.
a picture of myself I posted on my
husband’s facebook wall, lol