Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nov 16 - Adoption Related Movies

I wrote yesterday about something that could have been taken the wrong way, and I wanted to set the record straight. I know after I said I was jealous I said that I was happy for pregnant people, especially my friends, but I wanted to tell ya'll that I really am happy, and that the jealousy I feel isn't huge, and it has no effect on how I feel towards my friends who are pregnant, and it definitely doesn't make my happiness for them any less significant. So, if you're a friend, and you're pregnant, please know that I am extremely happy for you and will adore your child(ren)! I just hope ya'll can understand that it is hard to see pregnant people, and that I would never try to make your pregnancies about me or my feelings, and that I was speaking in generals yesterday, and not about anyone specific, as I have several friends who are pregnant. I just wanted to put this out there before I get into my original post....
So the suggestion for today, coming from the calendar on adoption.com, as usual, is below, and I did some research for this one!! (all links are from imbd.com, I just typed in adoption as a keyword...and read the storyline)

Nov. 16
Watch an adoption-related movie with your family. 

Documentary
A Place Called Home: An Adoption Story (2004)
Off And Running (2009)

A Family Is a Family Is a Family: A Rosie O'Donnell Celebration (TV 2010)



Romantic Comedy
Gigantic (2008) (not too sure about this one, might not be suitable for children...it is rated R)
The Tunnel of Love (1958) (might not be suitable for children, imbd.com didn't have a rating)

Family/Romance/Drama
Love's Unending Legacy (2007)


Comedy




Photobucket