Monday, November 1, 2010

Nov 1 - Read an adoption specific book

So, today is the first day of November, which is also the first day of National Adoption Awareness month, and I have decided to use this calendar and give suggestions on what to do.

Today's suggestion is to read an adoption specific book, whether it's for an adult or child, about the adoptive family or the birth family, there are actually a lot of books out there. I just searched on amazon.com for a few suggestions, so just click the links and you'll hopefully be taken to the results!!

For Children

For adults, mainly adoptive parents

For the Reunion process

Adoption books for the Kindle

Kelsey Snyder Stewart(her facebook fan page) wrote The Best For You(her blog), this post explains the reasoning behind the book, and why she wrote it. This is actually a book written by a birth mom, I so want to buy it, I just have not yet, and I'm thinking it would make a great birthday or christmas gift for a child that has been placed, and I'm going to send it to my son, one day.

Photobucket

1 comment:

A Life Being Lived said...

"The Best For You" is a wonderful book....I bought it for my daughter and gave it to her parents when I placed her. It's sweet, easy for a child to understand, and full of love. Highly reccommend it!